White Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
It’s my most favorite time of the year - the holidays!! I absolutely love watching Christmas films, singing Christmas carols, and making the most delicious and fun holiday treats. This year, I collaborated with the uber talented Stacy Gibson-Andrews, who helped me style these amazing White Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies as we handed them out to the girls for a fun holiday get-together.
I found this recipe from one of my favorite baking bloggers, Liv For Cake, and it pulled at so many of my sweet heart strings. Oddly enough as a baker, I’m not a huge rich chocolate fan so when there’s white chocolate involved, I jump at the chance at putting it in about every type of dessert I can. Plus, I loved the crumbly bits of a Candy Cane that not only look super festive, but make the cookies taste minty chocolatey, but not overwhelming. Hint: You can add in a little bit of pink food coloring to give it a hint of blush to match your decor. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!
Once you’ve combined all of your ingredients, roll them into little balls and bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes. I took Liv’s suggestion for perfectly rounded cookies, which is to shape the cookies with a round metal cookie cutter right after you take them out of the oven. Place the cookie cutter around the edges and gently shape them until they’re perfectly round. Easy peasy!
WHITE CHOCOLATE CANDY CANE COOKIES
Makes 20 cookies
THE GOOD STUFF
1 cup + 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla (I prefer Mexican vanilla)
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup crushed candy canes
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
2. Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Beat butter and sugars (light brown and granulated) with a hand mixer or in your stand mixer for approximately 3 minutes.
4. Add in egg and mix until fully combined. Then add in the vanilla.
5. Reduce speed to low and carefully add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
6. Add in white chocolate chips and crushed candy canes, mix until just incorporated.
7. Scoop out 1 1/2 Tbsp. of dough onto the baking sheet. Shape the dough into rounded balls with floured hands
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until they’re golden crispy on the edges. If you feel inclined, grab that metal round cookie cutter to gently shape them into perfect circular cookies.
9. Leave them on the cookie sheets to completely cool before putting them on a cooling rack.